Tissue Infection Treatment
There are several ways to treat or manage a tissue infection. The exact steps taken to manage an infection will depend on the cause, severity, and location. Some of the methods used by Wound Evolution include:
- Antibiotics or antifungal treatments: These treatments may come in the form of an oral pill or a topical cream and can help fight the source of the infection.
- Removal of infected tissue: In order to stop the infection from spreading, some infected tissue may need to be removed. This is performed through a treatment known as medical debridement.
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy: This treatment allows you to take in pure oxygen, which can help stimulate the body’s natural healing process.
Medical Labs for Tissue Infections
In many cases, a medical lab is used for tissue infection treatment and diagnosis. To perform a lab a small sample of tissue or cells is taken and analyzed in a lab. This can help your provider answer the following questions:
- Diagnosis - What is the cause of the tissue infection?
- Prognosis - How far along is the tissue infection? Is it affecting any of the surrounding areas?
- Prevention - Are there ways to prevent the infection from spreading or returning?
- Treatment - What is the best way to treat the infection?